Horsens - February/March 2017

By Ojrza - 07:28


Now about Horsens... This is a very long slideshow of my exploration of Horsens through the couple of weeks I have been here so far. I walk a lot and I shoot a lot, the city, the campus, the seaside, the lakes, everything that comes along!

Horsens is a charming seaside town. Actually, its localisation is even better because it's between the Horsens Bay (eastern coast of Jutland peninsula) and lake Norrestrand which is a nature reserve. VIA University College campus is located on the outskirts of town, just by the lake.


Pros - amazing views from the windows and 5 minute walk to the fjords.
Cons - 3km walk to the city centre.

But that's not really a big problem unless it is raining heavily, my friends and I fancy walking so we go to the centre by foot often. It is a perfect place for hikers, there are just so many trails and roads both in the city and out. Bike lovers will be delighted as well, as bikes are probably the main mean of transport in Denmark there are plenty cycling paths. This reminds me, that I need to get a bike.

Denmark is an amazing and so undervalued country. Even though the weather is horrible most of the time, there's lots of rain and awfully cold winds and when you wake up on a sunny morning you know it's going to be gloomy in a few hours. It doesn't matter because the Danes are lifting their spirits by surrounding themselves with quality design, aesthetic decorations and they do have some sense of humour in that too. They are so... open, do not care about their privacy and commonly have big windows with no curtains in their houses that are exposing all life that's inside. And it's totally fine with them. They just love flowers, flowers are everywhere, one of the first displays when entering a shop are flower seedlings, flowerpots, watering cans and other accessories for gardening.



The campus itself is just so cool. Totally different than what we have in Poland, so modern. I personally am a fan of living just over the road from the school, I can get up 15 minutes before the class starts and make it on time. Dormitories (called Student Village) consists of four 3-storey blocks with identical apartments that provide students with minimalistic but comfortable living space. Each apartment has 2 private rooms and a common space kitchen + living room and obviously a bathroom. Most of them are occupied by international students, which adds up to my erasmus experience, I guess.

So here I am, studying, partying, enjoying life in Denmark. Enjoy the pictures!

  






















































































 If you have scrolled down to the end - I salute you!




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 komentarze